High Performance Computing (HPC)
Head: Raffaele Perego
Web Site: http://hpc.isti.cnr.it
HPC Lab carries out research on algorithms and information systems dealing with computational, data-intensive problems in business, social, and knowledge-based applications. HPC Lab research areas include information indexing and retrieval, large-scale distributed and cloud systems, big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, mobility analysis and semantic enrichment.
We develop state-of-the-art solutions for the efficient management and retrieval of large amount of data. Our (distributed) information systems scale far larger than most others and can provide in near real-time effective answers to complex queries by possibly using a limited amount of computational resources. We study space/time-efficient solutions to deal with scale and latency constraints, and quality/efficiency trade-offs exploiting the peculiarities of the specific application domain.
The group is composed of about 20 people and has very close collaborations and exchanges with outstanding international partners from both industry and academia.
- Carlini Emanuele Research Staff
- Coppola Massimo Research Staff
- Dazzi Patrizio Research Staff
- Gabrielli Lorenzo Research Staff
- Muntean Cristina Ioana Research Staff
- Nardini Franco Maria Research Staff
- Perego Raffaele Research Staff
- Rapisarda Beatrice Technical Staff
- Renso Chiara Research Staff
- Tonellotto Nicola Research Staff
- Trani Salvatore Research Staff
- Di Gangi Domenico Graduate Fellow
- Ferrucci Luca Postdoctoral Fellow
- Frieder Ophir Research Associate
- Guglielmo William Graduate Fellow
- Kavalionak Hanna Postdoctoral Fellow
- Lettich Francesco Graduate Fellow
- Lucchese Claudio Research Associate
- Machado Agostinho Bruno Research Associate
- Molina Romina Soledad Research Associate
- Oliveira Gomes Fernanda Research Associate
- Orlando Salvatore Research Associate
- Pibiri Giulio Ermanno Postdoctoral Fellow
- Pugliese Chiara Graduate Fellow
- Rocchietti Guido Research Associate
- Rulli Cosimo Research Associate
- Silvestri Fabrizio Research Associate
- Tortelli Portela Tarlis Research Associate
- Trani Roberto Graduate Fellow
Adaptive edge/cloud compute and network continuum over a heterogeneous sparse edge infrastructure to support nextgen applications
Advanced Robotics and enabling digital Technologies & Systems 4.0
Big Data to Enable Global Disruption of the Grapevine-powered industries
Cloud for Holography and Cross Reality
Electric Vehicles Charging Platform for Community Demand Response Aggregators
Multiple Aspects Trajectory management and Analysis
Labs for prototyping future Mobility Data sharing cloud solutions
An Imaging Biobank to Precisely Prevent and Predict cancer, and facilitate the Participation of oncologic patients to Diagnosis and Treatment
Operational Knowledge from Insights and Analytics on Industrial Data
HPC chapter of SoBigData++
A computing toolkit for building efficient autonomousapplications leveraging humanistic intelligence
Eleven innovations developed in European Projects with ISTI Partner or Coordinator among the List of the EC Innovation Radar
The Innovation Radar (IR) is a new initiative of the European Commission that focuses on the identification of high-potential innovations in the ICT FP7, CIP and H2020 projects and the ...
Test of Time Award for the Paper "Sorting out the Document Identifier Assignment Problem" by Fabrizio Silvestri
The paper authored by Fabrizio Silvestri (HPC Lab) has been awarded at the European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2018), 26-29 March 2018 - Grenoble, France. The Test of T...
Best Student Paper Award - ACM DocEng 2016
The paper "SEL: A Unified Algorithm for Entity Linking and Saliency Detection" by Salvatore Trani, Diego Ceccarelli, Claudio Lucchese, Salvatore Orlando, and Raffaele Perego has been ...
A Digital Agent to Manage Your Travel
TripBuilder, a prototype by the Researchers at Federal University of Ceará (UFC) in Brazil and the HPC Lab of the Institute of Information Science and Technologies (ISTI) of the Italia...
ACM SIGIR Best Paper Award 2015
C. Lucchese, F. M. Nardini, S. Orlando, R. Perego, N. Tonellotto, and R. Venturini (High Performance Computing Laboratory - ISTI) are the recipients of the SIGIR Best Paper Award 2015.
SIGIR Best Paper Award 2014
Giuseppe Ottaviano and Rossano Venturini (High Performance Computing Laboratory - ISTI) are the recipients of the SIGIR Best Paper Award 2014.
Computing Reviews' Notable Books and Articles 2013
"Discovering tasks from search engine query logs" by Lucchese, C.; Orlando, S.; Perego, R.; Silvestri, F.; and Tolomei, G.(HPC Lab of ISTI) has been selected as a notable article in compu...
ISTI-CNR partner tecnico di istella.it, il nuovo motore di ricerca di Tiscali
Il CNR con il laboratorio High Performance Computing di ISTI, l'Università di Pisa, Internet Memory Research Foundation, Dell e HERE, il brand di location cloud di Nokia, sono i partne...