High Performance Computing (HPC)
Head: Raffaele Perego
Web Site: http://hpc.isti.cnr.it
HPC Lab carries out research on algorithms and information systems dealing with computational, data-intensive problems in business, social, and knowledge-based applications. HPC Lab research areas include information indexing and retrieval, large-scale distributed and cloud systems, big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, mobility analysis and semantic enrichment.
We develop state-of-the-art solutions for the efficient management and retrieval of large amount of data. Our (distributed) information systems scale far larger than most others and can provide in near real-time effective answers to complex queries by possibly using a limited amount of computational resources. We study space/time-efficient solutions to deal with scale and latency constraints, and quality/efficiency trade-offs exploiting the peculiarities of the specific application domain.
The group is composed of about 20 people and has very close collaborations and exchanges with outstanding international partners from both industry and academia.
- Carlini Emanuele Research Staff
- Coppola Massimo Research Staff
- Dazzi Patrizio Research Staff
- Gabrielli Lorenzo Research Staff
- Kavalionak Hanna Research Staff
- Muntean Cristina Ioana Research Staff
- Nardini Franco Maria Research Staff
- Perego Raffaele Research Staff
- Rapisarda Beatrice Technical Staff
- Renso Chiara Research Staff
- Rulli Cosimo Research Staff
- Trani Salvatore Research Staff
- Alessio Marco Graduate Fellow
- Di Francesco Andrea Giuseppe Doctoral Student
- Frieder Ophir Research Associate
- Galimzhanova Elnara Student
- Kasela Pranav Research Associate
- Lettich Francesco Senior Fellow
- Li Lanpei Doctoral Student
- Martinico Silvio Doctoral Student
- Massa Jacopo Research Associate
- Molo Mbasa Joaquim Research Associate
- Orlando Salvatore Research Associate
- Pallonetto Fabiano Research Associate
- Pibiri Giulio Ermanno Research Associate
- Pinelli Fabio Research Associate
- Pugliese Chiara Graduate Fellow
- Reis de Almeida Passos Nelson Aloysio Research Associate
- Rocchietti Guido Research Associate
- Silvestri Fabrizio Research Associate
- Tonellotto Nicola Research Associate
- Tyska Carvalho Jonata Research Associate
- Veneri Alberto Graduate Fellow
- Venturini Rossano Research Associate
Adaptive edge/cloud compute and network continuum over a heterogeneous sparse edge infrastructure to support nextgen applications
Cloud for Holography and Cross Reality
Cognitive edge-cloud with serverless computing
Extreme Food Risk Analytics
Multiple Aspects Trajectory management and Analysis
Labs for prototyping future Mobility Data sharing cloud solutions
An Imaging Biobank to Precisely Prevent and Predict cancer, and facilitate the Participation of oncologic patients to Diagnosis and Treatment
SoBigData RI PPP
SoBigData RI Preparatory Phase Project
SoBigData RI PPP (HPC)
SoBigData RI Preparatory Phase Project
SoBigData++: European Integrated Infrastructure for Social Mining and Big Data Analytics’ — ‘SoBigData-PlusPlus’
HPC chapter of SoBigData++
SoBigData.it - CUP B53C22001760006
SoBigData.it: Strengthening the Italian RI for Social Mining and Big Data Analytics
A computing toolkit for building efficient autonomousapplications leveraging humanistic intelligence
Best Paper Honorable Mention at ACM SIGIR 2023 Conference
Link: https://sigir.org/sigir2023/program/best-paper-award/ The paper "A Geometric Framework for Query Performance Prediction in Conversational Search" by Guglielmo Faggioli, Nicola Ferr...
EFRA (Extreme Food Risk Analytics)
A new EU project to transform food risk prediction with AI-powered analytics.
Patrizio Dazzi, Cnr-Isti, speaker at the H-Cloud summit. Cloud Expo Europe
Horizon Cloud is a European Commission initiative that aims to consolidate and grow the Cloud Computing research and innovation community in Europe. (read more)
Eleven innovations developed in European Projects with ISTI Partner or Coordinator among the List of the EC Innovation Radar
The Innovation Radar (IR) is a new initiative of the European Commission that focuses on the identification of high-potential innovations in the ICT FP7, CIP and H2020 projects and the ...
Test of Time Award for the Paper "Sorting out the Document Identifier Assignment Problem" by Fabrizio Silvestri
The paper authored by Fabrizio Silvestri (HPC Lab) has been awarded at the European Conference on Information Retrieval (ECIR 2018), 26-29 March 2018 - Grenoble, France. The Test of T...
Best Student Paper Award - ACM DocEng 2016
The paper "SEL: A Unified Algorithm for Entity Linking and Saliency Detection" by Salvatore Trani, Diego Ceccarelli, Claudio Lucchese, Salvatore Orlando, and Raffaele Perego has been ...
A Digital Agent to Manage Your Travel
TripBuilder, a prototype by the Researchers at Federal University of Ceará (UFC) in Brazil and the HPC Lab of the Institute of Information Science and Technologies (ISTI) of the Italia...
ACM SIGIR Best Paper Award 2015
C. Lucchese, F. M. Nardini, S. Orlando, R. Perego, N. Tonellotto, and R. Venturini (High Performance Computing Laboratory - ISTI) are the recipients of the SIGIR Best Paper Award 2015.
SIGIR Best Paper Award 2014
Giuseppe Ottaviano and Rossano Venturini (High Performance Computing Laboratory - ISTI) are the recipients of the SIGIR Best Paper Award 2014.
Computing Reviews' Notable Books and Articles 2013
"Discovering tasks from search engine query logs" by Lucchese, C.; Orlando, S.; Perego, R.; Silvestri, F.; and Tolomei, G.(HPC Lab of ISTI) has been selected as a notable article in compu...
ISTI-CNR partner tecnico di istella.it, il nuovo motore di ricerca di Tiscali
Il CNR con il laboratorio High Performance Computing di ISTI, l'Università di Pisa, Internet Memory Research Foundation, Dell e HERE, il brand di location cloud di Nokia, sono i partne...